Friday, March 28, 2008

Trippin through So-Cal

Spring Break Woo Hoo! We're in the middle of our first day in San Diego. We got to the Western Inn at around 4am so I don't really know what the city looks like just yet. The drive took 8 hours, but cos of my reversed sleep cycle, it didn't leave me too tired. The unloading was probably the worst part.



Sumit managed to get us there an hour early which let us get some extra much-appreciated shut eye. Though he probably wouldn't agree that it was enough.



Breakfast was served in the hotel lobby, but we woke up too late for it. So we went to Wendy's for brunch and also because I accidentally left the camcorder running through the night and we needed to charge it. I got me a chicken caesar salad. You don't believe me?



I actually highly recommend it. It reminded me of the awesome salads at the Drexel cafeteria. 'S been a while since I've had a salad that good. Other than the awesome southwestern chicken salad at the Stanford cafeteria. Oddly enough.

We got to the zoo armed with my coupon for $8 off admission. I guess we'll gloss over the fact that I didn't notice that the coupon had expired. A year ago.

San Diego zoo's pretty awesome. They make it seem like it's humongous, but it's actually quite walkable. We were able to hit all the animals without having to rush through which has left us pretty relaxed for the rest of the evening. The pandas are the pride of the San Diego zoo, but I was also rather intrigued by the dogs they use as dominant pack animals for some of their tamed predators.





I'm going to kick Sumit awake now and head out to the historic Gaslamp quarter. I need me some chow. And maybe later some caramba.

No comments: