Thursday, August 04, 2005

DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!

“ COME ON PUNK!!! CLEAN UP THAT DAMN ROOM !!! ”

“ AWRIGHT MA!!! I’LL GET TO IT!!! ”

The classic case of procrastination. The art of putting things off for later. The delaying of what needs to be done in the hope that maybe it gets magically done in the meantime. The foe of the workaholic. Common acquaintance of the world.

Everyone procrastinates. Nobody is an exception. Not even Monica Gellar. And to a certain extent, it is rather helpful. Things may appear to you in their proper perspective after a break. But if that perspective is that it’s too huge to do in the time that’s left, that’s when you’re in trouble.

But I refuse to believe that I’m a procrastinator. I don’t look at it in that way. People say that I’m putting things off till later. I don’t look at it that way. To me the glass is half-full not half-empty. How I look at it is that instead of putting my work off till later, I’m actually bringing other things in front of it. It’s not that my work gets pushed back, it’s that other issues are pushed ahead of it. So I’m actually doing the right thing. I’m the total opposite of a procrastinator. I prioritize. And it may just so happen that my priorities may be wrong. But that’s hardly my fault. I’m still young and I’ll learn. So don’t be quick to jump on my mistakes. And don’t ever label me a procrastinator. Or I'm gonna haveta beat up on your monkey ass....sooner or later.

I probably should get back to work.

No comments: